update on current situation
The world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the COVID-19 virus. Bemis Manufacturing Company’s main objective is to continue producing quality products while ensuring the health and safety of our workforce.
Given this uncertainty, we are taking proactive steps to address a number of business concerns. First and foremost, we want to maintain a safe workplace and encourage and/or adopt practices protecting the health of associates, customers, suppliers and community partners.
We also want to ensure to the best of our ability the continuity of business operations and have minimal disruption to our customers.
Our support plans entail a number of contingency measures that are being initiated:
- We have mandated non-manufacturing personnel to work from home.
- Employees in our manufacturing facilities are all being strongly encouraged to practice social distancing; maintain a minimum distance of 1 – 2 meters, avoid shaking hands and meetings should not include more than 10 attendees.
- Business travel will be exclusively restricted to address critical business needs should they arise. Furthermore, no travel is permitted to Restricted Countries as defined by local authorities.
- We have implemented strict policies on limiting customer and supplier visits and meetings.
- Our office staff is available to you as usual by telephone and e-mail.
- Customer visits by our sales representatives are currently no longer carried out. Our specialists are at your disposal by phone and e-mail.
- External persons are not allowed to enter our company buildings.
- Further contacts to technology, marketing, finances, production and procurement are possible by e-mail or by telephone as usual.
Overall, we will continue to work as usual at all locations with appropriate safety measures and home office possibilities. We are still able to deliver and will gladly accept your order by phone or by e-mail.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this challenging time. We will keep you updated as we all collectively work through these tough times together.
As always, thank you for your partnership.
Your Bemis EMEA Team